What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 is the internationally recognized standard for Quality Management Systems (QMS). It is the most widely used QMS standard in the world, with over one million certificates issued to organizations in 178 countries.
ISO 9001 provides a framework and set of principles that ensure a common-sense approach to the management of your organization to consistently satisfy customers and other stakeholders. In simple terms, ISO 9001 certification provides the basis for effective processes and effective people to deliver an effective product or service time after time.
The standard follows the common structure provided by Annex SL. ISO 9001:2015 is more compatible with other management systems, such as ISO 14001:2015, making it more effective and efficient to integrate management systems.
Is ISO 9001 certification right for me?
Any organization can benefit from achieving ISO 9001 certification and implementing ISO 9001:2015 as its requirements are underpinned by universal management principles:
- Customer focus
- Engagement of people
- Process approach
- Evidence-based decision making
- Relationship management.
Why become ISO 9001 certified?
- The Annex SL structure provides a common language between ISO management systems that streamlines the path to compliance related certifications.
- The focus on risk identifies areas of concern in advance and allows you to allocate resources where they are most needed.
- The leadership requirement engages upper-level management and brings quality assurance more in line with overall business objectives.
- The performance evaluation and self-governance components can foster innovation and deliver enhanced value for stakeholders.
- The emphasis on organizational context looks at quality management from a big-picture perspective.